Do you grow your own tomatoes? What’s your favourite tomato recipe?
We like to make Tomato Bean Salad with Quinoa.
The basis for this recipe are cherry tomatoes, sweet corn and black beans. You can also add chopped pepper, spring onions, parsley (or basil).
For the dressing I use lime or lemon juice, a bit of salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. If you let the salad soak for a few hours it’s even better.
Add some cooked quinoa to make it more filling (optional). Enjoy!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sweetcorn (from frozen or tin or fresh)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red pepper
- 2-3 scallions
- a bunch of fresh parsley or basil
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- sea salt
- 1 - 2 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 - 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Chop tomatoes in halves, mix with sweetcorn and beans.
- Chop red pepper and parsley, slice spring onions. Add to the salad.
- Add lime juice, sea salt, pepper and chili powder. Mix well and let it stand for a while.
- Add cooked quinoa. Serve garnished with extra parsley.